Amplifiers > Amplifiers > Aesthetix Saturn Atlas Amplifier
Aesthetix Saturn Atlas Amplifier
• Zero feedback, fully differential amplifier with complementary balanced bridge design for open sound.
• Tube gain stage using one 6SN7 tube per channel provides harmonic accuracy and soundstage layering. This single gain stage provides all of the voltage gain for the entire amplifier.
• Stereo amplifier: 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms
• Mono amplifier: 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms.
• Amplifier has a built-in high-pass crossover: 6 dB / octave, 16 settings from 40 Hz to 200 Hz in approximate 10 Hz increments.
• Single-ended and balanced inputs provide extended compatibility.
• Direct input bypasses all crossovers and switching for ultimate purity.
• Bus technology reduces power supply impedance between output devices for more instantaneous current.
• Power supply uses two transformers and three chokes. The high current section uses a dedicated transformer and choke input power supply. The vacuum tube B+ power supply has choke input and is discretely regulated. The result is unequalled clarity and control.
• Cardas patented rhodium-plated binding post with single knob lockdown.
• All aluminum chassis construction assures durability.
• Stainless steel cover for transformers prevents magnetic fields from interacting with sensitive audio circuitry, preserving low level musical nuances.
• RS232 control and trigger for special installation requirements.
• Available in black or silver faceplate.
Atlas Stereo is available in two versions: standard and Signature. The standard version of Atlas Stereo offers all of the features and technologies described above. Atlas Stereo can be factory upgraded to the Signature version.
NEW ATLAS STEREO SIGNATURE
Atlas Stereo Signature uses the same circuits as the standard Atlas Stereo, but those circuits are implemented with only the highest quality parts available. The standard version uses very high quality Rel-Caps as inter-stage coupling capacitors, while the Signature upgrades these with Peter Moncrief's Stealth capacitors, costing over 10x as much. These provide more detail and information, while maintaining the same award-winning tonal balance. High current output stage power supply capacitance is doubled, increasing bass drive and solidity. Binding post wiring is upgraded to specialized audiophile 14 AWG, which further increases resolution. Another critical refinement is the replacement of all emitter resistors with a specialized metal foil low-inductance type. Atlas Stereo can be factory upgraded to the Signature version.
Atlas Mono is only available in the Signature version, as described above. The mono version dedicates the entire power supply to one channel, increasing space, drive and dimensionality.
Reviews & Accolades
The Absolute Sound Golden Ear Award (2010): ATLAS STEREO amplifier
HiFi+ Guide to The Crème de la Crème (UK, 2011): ATLAS MONO amplifiers
Nghe Nhìn (Vietnam, 2011): ATLAS STEREO amplifier
"...combines a unique technical approach, extraordinary workmanship and exceptionally good sound... neutral and emotional sound independent of the loudspeaker..." -Michael Lang
STEREO (Germany, 2012): "100 Sound Points" to ATLAS MONO amplifiers
"build quality is top notch... characterized by a control, ease, and dynamic command that allowed music to jump to life" -Wes Phillips
Stereophile Class A Recommended Component: ATLAS STEREO amplifier
"Aesthetix amplifiers set the standard... at once delicately responsive and effortlessly powerful, capable of driving most speakers but doing so without ever sounding muscle-bound." -Roy Gregory
HiFi Plus (US, 2011): ATLAS MONO amplifiers
"Plenty of power... top-class grace... terrific build quality... The stereo image is among the widest we've ever heard, yet lacks for nothing when it comes to precision or intimacy."
What Hi-Fi? (UK, 2011): ATLAS MONO amplifiers receive "5 Stars"
+9 LPs - "Atlas is consistently musical... tonally gorgeous... convincing virtual sound stage..."
10Audio.com (2011): ATLAS STEREO amplifier, read review
"...for all its strength and grunt, the Aesthetix Atlas revealed itself to be quite graceful in its portrayal of music and music's physical, insubstantial substance... it's one of the really great amplifiers I've had in my system" -Wes Phillips
Stereophile (2010): ATLAS STEREO, read review
"A sophisticated brute, the Atlas sounds great with all types of music"
What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision Magazine (UK, 2008): "Five Stars" to ATLAS STEREO amplifier, read review
Click image to enlarge
Power Output: 200wpc channel into 8, 400wpc into 4
Input Sensitivity: 60mV (1 watt), 2.3V (full power)
Power Output: 300wpc channel into 8, 600wpc into 4
Input Sensitivity: 60mV (1 watt), 3.1V (full power)
Input Impedance: 470K
Output Impedance: .25 at 1kHz
Signal to noise: 120dB
Bandwidth at full power: 4 - 150kHz
Rated THD at full power: <1%
Power consumption: 100 watts at idle
Dimensions: 18"w x 8"h x 19"d
Weight: 70 lbs
Finish: black or silver
Warranty: 3 years, non-transferable
Specifications subject to improvement or change without notice.
Atlas owners manual
Atlas important notice
Call (03) 5628 4428 for price
Free shipping within Australia
Copyright © 2013 GrooveWorks Aust Pty Ltd
ABN 60 110 641 579